COVIDSafe tracing app
13 May 2020
The Law Council has been working tirelessly with government, the opposition and the crossbench on the drafting of legislation due to replace the determination that underpins the legality of the COVIDSafe app.
Following the release of the Exposure Draft, the need for several amendments was identified, which would bring the legislation in line with the Law Council’s core design principles released on 26 April.
You can read the Law Council's media releases and statements related to the COVIDSafe app below.
- Law Council President, Pauline Wright, statement on the release of COVIDSafe source code, 11 May 2020.
- Law Council President’s statement on the COVIDSafe exposure draft, 5 May 2020.
- Tracing app has been released but privacy concerns still exist, 26 April 2020.
- Law Council calls on government to adopt core design principles when developing tracing app, 24 April 2020.
- Privacy protections must be built into COVID-19 tracking app, 20 April 2020.